Do you agree that ALL students deserve a safe place to learn in school, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression? Do you love drag bingo?
Show your love for severely talented queens Brooklyn Heights, Iyana Deschanel and company while giving back to GLSEN Maryland
, an organization working to transform K-12 schools into welcoming, affirming places for the LGBTQ community.
GLSEN Maryland is responsible for training thousands of educators and supporting students in hundreds of schools across Maryland. Through outreach, education and advocacy, GLSEN Maryland realizes their vision of school communities learning to accept and respect one another.
Your support goes directly to…
* Providing MUCH NEEDED professional development to educators on create safe and affirming spaces in school for LGBTQ youth.
* Supporting schools with growing and strengthening gender-sexuality alliance clubs in middle AND high schools
* Advocacy on relevant educational policy issues including protections for transgender youth, gender discrimination, Title IX, school discipline and sexual health education
* Resources for LGBTQ-inclusive curricula
* Events and networking opportunities for youth, community and families to complement safe schools with safe communities
Bingo starts at 7PM! A percentage of the sales from this event will be donated to GLSEN Maryland.
Plus, it's GLSEN Maryland Executive Director Jabari Lyles' birthday! If you love him, come on out!!!
Remember, B4 you leave the house…